Double Decker Oreo Fudge

I couldn’t decide if I wanted a white chocolate or a straight-up chocolate fudge. Then it occurred to me what about an Oreo fudge? Well I don’t know if you‘ve ever been gripped with indecision, but when I am-I just go for it. I can’t say this always works out well, but in this instance it did. The Oreo gives the fudge a nice textural and flavor break from the richness of the chocolates.

Double Decker Oreo Fudge

As a chocolate lover, I’ve never been a huge fan of fudge. It’s usually too rich and I can never have more than just a few bites. But as my friend Michelle, and from a one blogger to another, she reminded me I don’t have to like it.

Double Decker Oreo Fudge

Before you shake your head in confusion-let me say I totally agree. If you are a regular reader than you know this is the case when it comes to peanut butter. Not only do I not like it, but I’m also allergic to it. Luckily, not so much that it prevents me from working with it.

That said, I decided, yes I would make some fudge for a Valentine’s treat, since many people do love fudge and it’s fast and easy to make.

As for the result and as a non-fudge fan—I will say loved it. The Oreos really make it perfect for me.

• If you are not a white chocolate fan, replace that portion with all chocolate and omit the butter. The butter helps to melt and keep white chocolate smooth.
  • For straight black and white double decker fudge omit the Oreo.
  • Make sure to store the fudge in a tightly sealed container to keep it creamy and moist.

Double Decker Oreo Fudge

Preparation: Line a 8×8 pan with foil.

• 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, portioned in half
  • 10 Oreos, chopped
  • 1 cup white chocolate
  • 2 tablespoon butter
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate

1. Split sweetened condensed milk in half and set aside. Chop Oreos and set aside
  2. Place white chocolate, one ½ of sweetened condensed milk, 2 tablespoon of butter in a heat proof bowl over simmering water. Stir and mix until melted and combined. Fold in Oreos and stir to combine. Pour mixture into pan.
  3. Place semi-sweet chocolate and remaining half sweetened condensed milk in a heat proof bowl over simmering water. Stir and mix until melted and combined. Pour mixture on top of Oreo layer and refrigerate for 1 an hour to set.
  4. Remove from refrigerator and peel away foil once set. For ease of cutting make sure to clean knife between cuts to prevent sticking.

1. Jason says

What did you use to make the tops of the pieces white in your photos?

• Naomi replied: — January 23rd, 2012 @ 4:43 pm

Hi Jason- Since I refrigerated the fudge prior to photographing, I think the condensation from the fudge coming to room temperature caused the light to reflect and give off a white appearance.

This fudge looks fantastic! My boyfriend isn’t much of a sweets eater, but two of the few things he will eat are fudge and Oreos. I can’t wait to try this out on him!

Thanks for posting!

Fudge isn’t really the first thing I think of when I want something sweet either. However, with Oreos in it, I would change my mind. The crunch of the cookie with the smoothness of the fudge would be delicious!! Another thing to add to my baking bucket list! :)

4. Sharon says

Oreo is a great ingredient to be added to a dessert. I tried it many times on ice creams and I never get tired of the combo. I am glad to learn another recipe where I can mix the cookies. Thank you for sharing.

Beautiful as always. I can spot one of your recipes or photos from a mile away – just perfectly beautiful. I don’t know if you ever watched The Golden Girls – but Blanche (the man crazy Golden Girl) once said about a man she had her eye on….”He fairly screams Blanche. At least, he will when I’M through with him” – your photos and recipes scream “Naomi”.

6. Colleen says

just made these today! how do you get the tops so smooth?? thanks for the great recipe – I’ll be coming back for more! :)

sup, from Hidden Hills, California I want to mention, I loved this blog. However, it is weird how I ended up on your website. I searched for buffalo limousine services on YouTube and ended up on your website. I must say I do like your site and will check back soon. But I need to find the limo I was originally looking for first. Have a lovely day! cheerio.

8. Angela says

Hi, just to clarify.

In your step 2, what do you mean by “Fold in Oreos”? Thank you very much for the recipe(:

9. Paula says

I just made this for the holidays. I had to make it twice. First time I used a stick blender to chop the Oreo’s and once folded into the white chocolate – too many crumbs, didn’t look nice. And I couldn’t get the top layer to work with the 1/2 condensed milk and 1c chocolate. So ended up tossing it out.
    Second attempt, I hand chopped the oreo’s, looked much better in the white chocolate. But….again, I could not get the top layer to work, I have no idea why, it just wouldn’t work. I ended up topping it with just a layer of melted chocolate – worked out beautifully.