Snickers Cake

This creamy no-bake Snickers cake is stacked with creamy layers of homemade chocolate and peanut butter pudding along with some graham crackers softened to a cake like texture. Draping the mad goodness of the creamy layers is a heavy pouring of caramel and chocolate ganache sauce. Of course I can never just stop at good enough, I had to take it over the top and chop up some Snickers for added authenticity and then finish that off with some caramel and chocolate drizzle.

It’s cakery for the lazy. I love icebox cakes because they require no baking and always seem so much easier. But you know what is not easier, making nice even layers. I just don’t have that cake carving skill nailed down yet.

These days I don’t have time to practice that. I’m sure you’ve noticed the spotty posting. Life is just getting in the way and I’m not sure how to get the multiplying-to-do list to chill the freak out before I have a freak out.

I should stop now – I’m being a whiner.

Okay, one last thing, that second picture is admittedly hideous. But as much as I dislike the picture I wanted you guys to see the Snickers Cake fully assembled. Don’t let the bad picture convince you this cake is anything but to-die for.

Snickers Icebox Cake

Makes one 8×8 cake or two 4×8 cake loafs

Ingredients:

Pudding

Caramel sauce

Ganache pouring sauce

Instructions:

To make pudding

1. Combine cornstarch, sugar, salt and milk in a blender or food processor and pulse until well blended. Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk vigorously. Transfer mixture to a heat proof bowl and place over (not on) simmering water for approximately 20-25minutes stirring occasionally. Pudding is ready when it it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and leave ribbons when pudding is drizzled on top of itself.
  2. Add vanilla to mixture. Split mixture in half and add chocolate to one half and whisk to combine. Add peanut butter to remaining half and whisk to combine.

To make caramel sauce

1. Place sugar and water into a saucepan over medium low heat and stir the until sugar has dissolved. Dissolve any crystals forming on the side with a wet pastry brush.
  2. Once sugar has dissolved increase heat to high.
  3. At this point do not stir the mixture directly. Now and then, using the handle, give the pot a swirl to keep the mixture moving. The mixture will start to bubble after a minute or so.
  4. Once the mixture starts to turn a light golden shade, add the butter and heavy cream. The mixture will bubble wildly. Whisk to combine (bubbles will subside upon cooling). Set aside to cool completely.

To make ganache pouring sauce

1. Place chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl over simmering water. Let chocolate and cream sit for 2-3 minutes to melt without stirring. Then slowly stir mixture to combine. Add powdered sugar and mix to combine. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition until pouring consistency is reached. Set aside and let sauce cool to warm.

To assemble

1. Create a foil sling by placing a piece foil in the pan with a 1 inch overhang on each side.
  2. Place graham crackers side-by-side until bottom of pan is covered. Spread a thin layer of chocolate pudding on top. Place second layer of graham cracker on top of chocolate pudding. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter pudding on top. Continue alternating layers with chocolate and peanut butter pudding while separating each pudding layer with a graham cracker layer.
  3. Pour cooled caramel sauce on top and set aside to set. Pour cooled ganache sauce on top and add chopped Snickers on top. Finish with caramel and chocolate drizzle.
  4. Place cake in refrigerator or freezer for at least 8 hours to set or overnight. (Freezer will create a pudding texture closer to ice cream).

123 Responses to “Snickers Cake”

1 2 3
    Averie @ Averie Cooks — March 9, 2012 @ 6:21 am

Naomi, this is absolutely a work of art! WOW! It looks so beautiful..the layers are perfect!!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — March 9, 2012 @ 9:02 am

I seriously need a slice of that cake this minute! Amazing!

Blog is the New Black — March 9, 2012 @ 10:40 am

This does not look like a lazy cake, and that second pic is gorgeous. But, I still love you!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — March 9, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

Whoa. This is one fiiiiiine cake! Love it!

Carlos — March 9, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

I love your second picture! The only bad thing about it, is that the slices are too small… LOL

Jennifer — March 9, 2012 @ 1:50 pm

Wow that looks intense. Looks fancy too.

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — March 9, 2012 @ 2:18 pm

Shows how much I know…I thought the second picture was good :)

This looks delicious!

Bobbi — March 9, 2012 @ 3:33 pm

Looks delicious! And no worries–that second pic is not hideous! Maybe just slightly dark, but the cake still looks fantastic!

Mary @ Bake Break — March 9, 2012 @ 3:59 pm

This is BEAUTIFUL! Really gorgeous photos! I am sure this tastes amazing as well!

Regan Martin — March 9, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

The second pic looks as good as the first, cuz I’m thinking about the yummy layers, and now can see the topping better! Yum! This looks amazing! I’m gonna try it! Thanks!

Kankana — March 9, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

I am not a sweet tooth person at all but that cake and the way you presented it is making me crave for a slice right now!
    The fist pic is absolutely gorgeous :)

Julia — March 9, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

You are insane. In a really really good way. This looks Ahhhhhmazing!!!

Becca — March 9, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

I’m not sure why you think the second picture is hideous, maybe a little too dark to show the show the drizzle?

Who cares this looks like an amazing cake!

Lori @ Lemons and Lavender — March 9, 2012 @ 7:07 pm

Naomi, we are always our harshest critics. It’s gorgeous and probably over-the-top delicious!

Living The Sweet Life — March 9, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

This is what love looks like – - I’m positive, this IS what love looks like ;)

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 9, 2012 @ 8:11 pm

That picture is totally not hideous. This is a snickers dream! I wish I could dive right in!

Raejean — March 9, 2012 @ 8:39 pm

I’d love to try this, instead I shared your link on my Friday Favorites!

Diane {Created by Diane} — March 10, 2012 @ 12:50 am

I’m in LOVE :) looks WONDERFULLY delicious!!!!

Glory/ Glorious Treats — March 10, 2012 @ 1:16 am

This looks SOOO amazing!! Gorgeous, gorgeous!!

Russell at Chasing Delicious — March 10, 2012 @ 1:36 am

I know I already told you this but I love these two shots! And this is my kind of cake too! Yum.

Sallyanne — March 10, 2012 @ 2:12 am

I love your recipes! They are amazing and your photography really really does do them justice! Thank you so much!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — March 10, 2012 @ 5:10 am

Lazy cake? Are you kidding me?!? That’s a beautiful cake with luscious flavors. Want some :)

Cookin' Canuck — March 10, 2012 @ 1:25 pm

I am trying to stop myself from running to the store at 6:15am on a Saturday morning to buy the ingredients for this cake. It looks that good. And your photos capture it perfectly!

Jenny — March 10, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

Did you ever know that you’re my hero?

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — March 10, 2012 @ 2:22 pm

omg amazing!!!

Janet — March 10, 2012 @ 3:13 pm

This looks fabulous! I’m checking now to see if I have everything on hand for it. I have one question though. Do you have weight equivalents for the chocolate in the pudding and ganache? Thanks!

Rosie @ Sweetapolita — March 10, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

Naomi, you know I always love your posts, and you’ve never disappointed, but, wow, this is amazing! I love the textures and I can only imagine how incredible this tastes. The images are stunning, as well. Love this! xo

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — March 10, 2012 @ 9:49 pm

Wow…that is beautiful. And I can only imagine how tasty! I hope life chills out for you very soon…

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids — March 10, 2012 @ 11:04 pm

The cake and the photos are both beautiful. This cake is a true work of art. Oh my yumminess. I do not know if I can pull it off, but I sure do want to try.

cassie — March 11, 2012 @ 3:15 am

I am at a loss for words! This is beautiful. Oh, and also my dream cake. Love it, you are so very talented!

Brian @ A Thought For Food — March 11, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

You are just incredible… Seriously, this looks to-die-for! Amazing, Naomi!

MikeVFMK — March 11, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

I’m a huge snickers cake fan. And yours is beautiful and there’s no doubt it probably tastes like a trip to the moon and back.

Barbara | Creative Culinary — March 11, 2012 @ 4:14 pm

First, I think your second picture is just fine…I know it makes me want to dive right in; don’t be so hard on yourself.

Second; I know those feelings of trying to fit it all in and I’ve let the ‘pressure’ of the blog get to me when I’ve missed a post or two and, oh my gosh…it didn’t implode! You do a beautiful job; I’m just happy to see something when you do get it done; no pressure.

Jenn — March 11, 2012 @ 4:35 pm

I’m not usually a “candy in dessert” fan, but this cake is just stunning. And while you may not be so thrilled with that 2nd photo, it was the 2nd pic that drew me in the most. This cake is absolutely gorgeous and sounds divine! I hope I have an occasion to make it sometime!

Carolyn — March 11, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

Me, oh, my! I just saw this on Tasteologie and it almost made me cry. So darn gorgeous!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — March 11, 2012 @ 11:27 pm

Pretty much the most brilliant cake I’ve seen in a long time. You are… genius!

Jessica @ How Sweet — March 12, 2012 @ 3:14 am

I can’t even get over this. AH.maaazing.

Carole Resnick — March 12, 2012 @ 5:57 am

Oh, my!!! Perfect dessert for a hot, summer’s night.

Mathilde — March 12, 2012 @ 6:45 am

I love your pictures, the green/blue background enhance the main subject of the photo – it looks like a very very greedy treat

Purabi Naha — March 12, 2012 @ 9:25 am

Loved the recipe and the photograph!! You are so talented!http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

Daisy@Nevertoosweet — March 12, 2012 @ 11:09 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! This is an amazing cake!!! A Snickers cake!!! I swear you can package this and sell it! So many people will buy it~ Thanks for sharing!

Kulsum at JourneyKitchen — March 12, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

N! This is a killer.

ATasteOfMadness — March 12, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

This doesn’t even look real, it looks too good!! I know I would eat almost all of that in one sitting..

Sasha @ The Procrastobaker — March 12, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

I havnt a clue how you could call that second picture hideous!!!! You obviously have exceptionally high standards, but for anyone else that picture would be a beaut :) GORGEOUS recipe! Love the idea and would be a winner in this house for sure!

meatballs & milkshakes — March 12, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

This looks totally delicious! I definitely want to try it sometime!

hannah — March 12, 2012 @ 6:20 pm

You, my dear, are a genius. This looks incredible!!

xx

grace — March 12, 2012 @ 7:23 pm

you and i obviously have different definitions of the word ‘hideous.’ :)

Patricia Scarpin — March 12, 2012 @ 7:29 pm

That is an amazing cake! I love how sinfully delicious it looks – I wish I could come over for a slice. ;)

Caroline — March 13, 2012 @ 12:30 am

Snickers is one of my favorite candy bars! This looks incredible!!!

Lannie — March 13, 2012 @ 1:34 am

i must have done something good to deserve this. looks SO good, like our favorite candy bar on steroids!

1 2