Chocolate and Butterscotch Mousse Cake

I know you’ve hardly exhaled from holiday baking and here I am pushing a chocolate and butterscotch mousse cake on you. But think of it as me gearing you up for a Valentine’s Day dessert with this six-layer chocolate cake that’s built on alternating layers of chocolate and butterscotch mouse.

Chocolate & Butterscotch Mousse Cake

For those on detox or diet, bookmark this. For the rest of us, oh my gawd, let’s talk about this crazy good cake. The mousse is simple to make and light enough to provide a textural contrast against the cake without dissipating before it marries up with the cake crumb.

And hello butterscotch mousse! Why am I just now discovering you? Actually I never thought of butterscotch mousse. Butterscotch pudding-yes. Butterscotch mousse-I’m a new to it.

Guess what I’m obsessed with now? Uh, yeah, butterscotch. Although, I have to admit, I prefer homemade butterscotch, but to keep things simple for this recipe I used the butterscotch chips. As many of you know I’m a contributor over at Better Homes and Garden’s blog, Delish Dish, for those of you that don’t, hit the jump here to find this recipe over there.

And stay tuned for the butterscotch glut-fest. I will probably drowning a few things in it.

On another note, may I ask you guys a favor? If you would like to Pin either image, please do so from the Delish Dish blog not here, since the recipe resides over there. Thank so much!

Comments

I can’t even handle how amazing this looks and I can only imagine how good it tastes!! I for sure want to make this for my hubby for V-Day!!

oh dear lord! I am making this for my husband’s birthday. I am sure it not be even half as pretty as yours but with butterscotch in it, I bet he won’t care for the look as much.

Ahhh this looks absolutely delicious. Beautiful images. I’ll definitely check that recipe out. My girlfriend’s an avid baker, and chocolate and butterscotch(let alone butterscotch mousse) are some of her favorite things together! Thanks for sharing.

Your pictures are a great inspiration for me!
    But where have you found these incredible metallic plates? They make your pictures even more amazing!

5. manjeet says

May I ask a silly question please?
    How do you make the sprinkles stick on such a tall cake? I mean you can’t tilt the cake and stick them on , right?
    I tried to well “dust” a cake of mine with the sprinkles and well most of them fell and didn’t stick and I didn’t get the lovely “covered with sprinkles” look like yours and what I had been aiming for..any tips? “covering in sprinkles for dummies” ?

6. Kara says

I tried to pin from the bhg link you gave but the bhg web’s link has an issue. You’re link seems to work just fine.

Trackbacks

1. […] Chocolate and Butterscotch Mousse Cake from Bakers Royale – Naomi is quite possibly my biggest blogger crush that I have. She is amazing, beautiful, lovely and a kind person. On top of that the work that she does (even when she is too hard on herself and thinks it subpar at times) is hands down stupendous. Her attention to detail, whether in props, lighting, photography, recipe, ingredients, food styling or whatever make her blog pure art. I could stare all day and sometimes love to just go look at the pictures and enjoy when I have a minute because it is just good for the soul. Her cake that I’m linking to here (and all the photographs in the post) are ones I’ve had stuck in my head since the moment I saw them. I would actually frame them and a gallery in my kitchen. Then I’d make the cake and eat the whole thing. And I probably wouldn’t share. […]