Cookie Dough Cheesecake Brownie Bars
Yeah, I pretty much stuffed three desserts into one pan. And guess what? It tastes pretty freak’n awesome. The cheesecake acts as the mediator between the richness of the chocolate and the sweetness of the cookie dough.
Seriously, I don’t know what came over me with this recipe. This bikini killer is super rich and decadent-it borders on disgustingly rich. Okay, that last part-not true at all, although that was Matt’s response when he first heard the description.
No taste testers on this one, so here’s my one sentence review: Party in your mouth. To follow that up, let me warn you this treat is going to get even better. That’s right I took it a step further, but the reveal will come tomorrow along with what inspired me to go kinda crazy on this one.
Until then make this as is or wait for the added embellishment that will ruin any workout efforts for the month. (Now posted here).
A few notes:
- For this recipe I used ready made cookie dough. Gasp! I already got flak for it from two other bloggers when I Instagram-ed about it, but that’s what happens when you run out of your stuff and you are lazy.
- To shortcut the time, you can try using boxed brownie mix. I haven’t tested this recipe doing that, so if someone does, please come back and let the rest of us know.
- Don’t be intimidated by the 3 dessert component, as I mentioned you can use store bought cookie dough, boxed brownie (untested) and the cheesecake portion is a one bowl cheesecake recipe.
- I forgot to use a foil sling for the pan, so don’t be like me. Sling your pan, it will be easier to remove the brownie.
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Brownies
Makes one 8×8 pan | Preparation: Create a foil sling by lining the pan with foil so that there is a one inch overhang on each side. Cover foil with bake spray.
Chocolate chip cookie dough
– ½ of 1 package Nestle Toll House pre-made cookie dough
8oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Brownie (adapted from Alice Medrich)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
Cookie dough preparation
Crumble half of cookie dough mixture.
To make cheesecake
Add all ingredients in a bowl and beat until blended. Set aside.
To make brownie
- Place butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a bowl over simmering water. Stir frequently until mixture is melted. Remove chocolate mixture from heat and stir in sugar, vanilla and salt. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring until each is incorporated before adding the next. Stir in flour and beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is glossy about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Pour 3/4 of brownie mixture into pan. Layer cheesecake mixture on top. Sprinkle crumbled cookie dough on top of cheesecake layer. Pour remaining brownie mixture on top. Use a skewer or a fork and drag it through the brownie and cheesecake mixture to create a swirled top.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees F. Brownie will will be fudgy and cheesecake layer will be creamy.