Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bark
Cookie dough in a bark. Now you can eat cookie dough without worry and it can be yours in less than twenty minutes. I know more bark, but I’m thinking you will really love this one.
Don’t be mistaken by the quiet look of this bark. Between the white chocolate and dark chocolate layer you will find a surprising crispy crunch of cocoa pebbles for added texture and flavor. Adding to that is dry cake mix folded into the white chocolate for a cookie dough profile and finishing it all off is a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips. And there you have it, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bark.
Alright, now, I will ease up on the bark. I have to say it was a fun run. Fast, easy and tasty.
And I’m going to keep this post super short, since my to-do list is quickly turning into an overdue list. I also need to nail down a persuasive pitch explaining to Matt that laundry is over-rated. I need to convince him that we should just buy enough underwear, socks and other necessitating clothes to warrant laundry once every 3 months instead of 2-3 times a week.
I hate laundry. You know what sucks most about it? It tethers you to home all day long. You know what I mean, the swish-swashing of the washer and the bing-bonging of the dryer, Then after an hour and a half of that, you to have fold or hang it all up or else everything is a wrinkled mess. This is nothing short of just plain ol’ suck-y work.
Well I’m going to remedy this swish-swashing and bing-bonging annoyance by explaining to him we are going to buy clothes and undergarments in bulk like people shop at Costco in bulk-The. End.
Aside from that, just think of how many more desserts I could make if I wasn’t saddled with this silly business of clothes washing.
A few notes:
- I recommend use dark not milk chocolate for the base, as the dark will provide a soft subtle counterpoint to the sweetness of the white chocolate.
- Store bark in refrigerator for maximum freshness and remove 10-15 minutes prior to serving.
- You can use Cocoa Pebbles or Cocoa Krispy cereal or skip it all together without too much lost in the overall flavor. The cereal just adds a nice textural contrast to the smooth chocolate.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bark
Preparation: Line 8×8 pan with parchment or wax paper.
- 8 oz dark Ghirardelli dark chocolate
- 10 oz white Ghirardelli chocolate
- ½ cup cocoa crisp
- 1/3 cup of dry white cake mix
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Place dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl over (not on) simmering water and stir until melted. Pour melted chocolate into 8×8 pans, using an offset icing spatula smooth out chocolate until an even layer is achieved. Sprinkle cocoa pebbles on top and gently press it into the chocolate. Place pan in refrigerator for 5 minutes for chocolate to become slightly harden.
- Place white chocolate in a heat proof bowl over (not on) simmering water and stir until melted. Remove pan bowl from heat and fold in dry cake mix.
- Remove pan with chilled dark layer and pour melted white chocolate on top. Using an offset icing spatula smooth out chocolate until an even layer is achieved. Sprinkle mini chocolate chip on top and return to refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes or until bark is fully set.